Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
This website is under development

Projects

Richard III Statue, Leicester

Following an initial condition survey, Hirst Conservation were honoured to be invited to undertake the conservation and relocation of the Richard III statue as part of a £2.5M project to regenerate Leicester cathedral gardens. Read More

Bramall Hall

Bramall Hall is a stunning half-timbered Tudor Manor House near Stockport. Following a preliminary programme of paint research we were appointed to undertake the conservation of the magnificent sixteenth century plaster work within the Withdrawing Room. Read More

Rugby School

For the last two summers we have been restoring a selection of historic school crests and plaques at Rugby School.  The paint layers were heavily blanched and flaking, and it was clear the existing scheme was a poor quality, modern recreation.
Read More

Insole Court, Llandaff

Hirst Conservation were commissioned by architects Purcell to carry out Architectural Paint Research to ascertain the extent of surviving decorative schemes to specified spaces on the first floor, including Lady Insole’s room and the south bedroom. Read More

Coxwold, St Michael’s Church

Over a six month period in 2016 we undertook the conservation of three wonderful stone monuments within St Michael’s Church, Coxwold. The monuments date to the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries and are dedicated to members of the Belasyse family. Read More

Pembroke College

We were delighted to be invited to undertake paint analysis and a condition survey of Henry Doogood’s late 17th century masterpiece ceiling in the Old Library, Pembroke College, Cambridge. Investigations took place in early 2013. Read More

Bishopthorpe Palace, York

The beautiful Grade I listed Bishopthorpe Palace is the official residence of the Archbishop of York. The entrance porch, situated at the centre of the west front, was re-modeled by Thomas Atkinson (1766-9) and is a hybrid of the Classical and Gothic styles. Read More

Caterham

Towards the end of 2015 we began work on a fabulous project at the Church of the Sacred Heart, Caterham, where we were invited to undertake the conservation and restoration of the beautiful painted decoration by Joseph Aloyisius Pippet (1840-1903).   Read More

St Leonard’s Church

It was such a pleasure to have the opportunity to work on this rare open tomb chest to Sir Henry Willoughby dating from 1528, which is constructed of sandstone, with a stone cadaver in the cavity beneath the effigy slab, and is decorated with polychromy and gilding. Read More